O365 Video is being replaced by Microsoft Stream

Office 365 Video is being replaced by Microsoft Stream. You can add your ideas and votes in the Microsoft Stream Ideas forum: aka.ms/StreamIdeas

To learn about the migration from O365 Video to Microsoft Stream see the help docs: aka.ms/O365VideoMigration

The below feedback given about O365 Video has been considered in decisions we make about what to do for Microsoft Stream. Thanks for all your feedback over the last many years!

This UserVoice forum for O365 Video is now closed. Please add new ideas, votes, and comments to our ideas forum for Microsoft Stream
  1. Please improve the function and make ordinary users cannot add other channels or groups from “action” – “group/channel” in the video which u

*English follows Japanese

一般アカウントでMicrosoft Stream全社公開のチャンネルにアップロードした動画を [アクション]項目から [グループ/チャンネル] から動画をほかのチャンネルあるいはグループに追加させないようにしたい

一般アカウントでMicrosoft Stream全社公開のチャンネルにアップロードした動画を [アクション]項目から [グループ/チャンネル] から動画をほかのチャンネルあるいはグループに追加させないようにしたい

Please improve the function and make ordinary users cannot add other channels or groups from “action” – “group/channel” in the video which uploaded to the public channel.
    Please improve the function and make ordinary users cannot add other channels or groups from “action” – “group/channel” in the video which uploaded to the public channel.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow a note against a particular time and point within a video

We create videos that require a number of preview/feedback loops. We would like to have a collaborative channel where we preview and gather feedback about a video - which is likely to be a specific time and point within the video. So it would be great to be able to make a comment (perhaps a Yammer post or reply) from a specific point/time in the video that allows us to capture that (as a link?) reference with the notes.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow hashtags and categories

To be able to find interesting videos more easily from the video channel hashtags and categories would be useful. Also an optional hashtag cloud would be great. And related videos as well :)

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Multi Language Support

At least title and description fields are needed for translation into other languages.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. "Trending" in Office 365 Video configurable display option

Make display of "Trending" in Office 365 an configurable option.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Office 365 Channel Owners contact details to be displayed

When viewing an Office 365 video channel it would be good to have the channel owners mentioned on the channel. In the case of wanting to contact the channel owners about the channel there is currently no way to see who owns the channel.
    Thanks
    Paul

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Make full permissions for each group, add not only single user, allow to add groups

Currently it is only possible to add single users to permission Groups. To be Handy one would Need to add user Groups from the active Directory.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Archiving of the video

Currently there is no archive option for the video, there may be scenario we need to archive the video so that it does not show up in trending videos . is this in the roadmap ? or any alternate way to archive ?

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. embed in sharepoint page keep the thumbnail

when I update a new thumbnai for my video in video chanel, but when I embed it in sharepoint, it still show the default thumbnail. the support siad this is default setting, need give feedback to you.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Apply DRM to my videos

I would like to be able to apply digital rights management to my video content so that I can be relatively assured that they won't be misrepresented to misused.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Make Loading of Videos Faster - speed up time to playback

Currently, rendering time for producing Office 365 videos in the web player seems very slow. I realize it's a new tool and that you're likely looking at it already, but if you want to make it mainstream (i.e. O365 for Education) the rendering time will need to be increased dramatically to something more on par with YouTube.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Implement a Video Loop/Repeat Feature

We need the ability to loop a video that's played from Office 365 Video. I imagine a small button on the video player interface that when clicked would play that video on repeat until playback is manually paused/stopped by user intervention. We would use this for marketing collateral within our business at our HQ, as well as other locations.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Create a video channel for O365 groups

Create a dedicated video channel for O365 groups. Right now groups get email distribution, onedrive, onenote, ect.... Creating a video channel with them members of the O365 group as viewers and the owner(s) of the group set as owner of the channel would be great in EDU environment. With this we can create a group for each class where videos of the class can be posted and only class members can access.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Improve playback performance - reduce buffering

There is way too much lag and buffering when trying to watch video here. Even though the player does adaptive bitrate streaming, I'm still seeing buffering more often than other services like YouTube.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Office 365 Video Custom Ordering

We are using the Video channel to post series of "how-to" videos. It looks very unprofessional and messy being out of order. Videos 1 through 5 show up in this order: 3, 2,1,4,5 Please add some functionality/option to control the order of videos displayed.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add closed captioning

I suggest adding an option for Closed Captioning on the videos, for viewers who have hearing problems and/or viewers set up with poor sound quality environment.
    Just attempting to post this suggestion, I see instructions on how to upload subtitles myself, but it should be an automatic option on the video because these instructions are not visibly accessible from the video page.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Make the new Edge browser (Win 10 default) supported

We have a test project for Windows 10 OS and paralell we see more and more users are starting to use the new OS and therefore the new Edge browser on their Secondary (sometimes on their Primary) device. Because of that, it would be nice to start supporting the Edge browser as possible to avoid any tickets or issues in future. I'm sure the Win 10 Community and Project team members will be happy to help in this if required.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Stream - Allow original file download to other users besides owner

Currently in Stream only the originator can download the original file. Please create a permission set to allow internal/external users to download original files.

https://stream.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/stream-portal-download-video/

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Hide Embed Option

Ability to disable/enable Embed option from appearing.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

O365 Video is being replaced by Microsoft Stream

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base