Give feedback...

support live streaming

instead of uploading recorded videow, any plan to support live video?

724 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    BastaBasta shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

36 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • wangjueliangwangjueliang commented  · 

As a school, we would like to be able to live streaming classes, assembly, visitor speech/lecture and chapel service, etc. We would like to broadcast securely so students from other campus and even parents externally can watch. We are fully converted to O365 and all users are in AAD including parents. So the session can be authenticated against our identity service.

• Zip@haivision.comZip@haivision.com commented  · 

Haivision wants to see LIVE in Stream!!!! Full disclosure, we make great Azure compatible encoders, (among many other Enterprise streaming products). Let's keep those upvotes coming!

Haivision is very interested to understand current / potential Stream users' encoding & use case requirements for live streaming in Stream (when/if Microsoft decides to enable live streams in Stream).

Unless the moderators deem this subject inappropriate for this community, I'd invite this discussion to take place here, for any/all to discuss and monitor. You can also contact me directly. Thanks.

• Travis JohnsonTravis Johnson commented  · 

Like other commenters my use case this week is that we hosted several "all hands" meetings at a remote office that were broadcast across multiple offices using a 3rd party app. Being able to live stream an event, record it, and have it included in our video library for future streaming would be a requirement for us. Our sales and services teams are spread out across many offices and having a single location to stream live events and access content would be an advantage.

• Don HambridgeDon Hambridge commented  · 

Yes, live streaming incorporated with o365video would be great for internal "State of the System" addresses, training, education events for LiveWell, Dept Briefings, LEAN Huddles, etc. Posting the live feed on Yammer a huge plus.

• Tony SucklingTony Suckling commented  · 

I would like to be able to do Live streaming on Yammer as this would be an invaluable way to be able to reach a large audience within our business operation.

• Chad LowmanChad Lowman commented  · 

I use a TriCaster to stream via YouTube but I'm looking for a more integrated and secure solution that seamlessly integrates with our O365 suite. I can configure ingress/source settings on my end, but I would like O365 Video or Azure to support the client real-time (with slight delay) reencoding and stream QoS.

• Nate BeckNate Beck commented  · 

We would use it for live broadcasting for all hands meetings, town halls, training events, Lunch n Learns, etc. displaying video of speaker and their screen / PowerPoint presentation simultaneously.

• AlAl commented  · 

yes please provide event / meeting live streaming capability

• Dave DuvallDave Duvall commented  · 

Would love deeper integration with Skype Broadcast Meetings (understanded posting VOD version is coming) but support for "announcing" and having available the live stream would be amazing. Truly making this a video portal for all types of video.

• T.J. FiskeT.J. Fiske commented  · 

We use Digital Rapid encoders in our company all hands meetings. We currently feed these to Akamai to accelerate and allow global access. It would be nice to have the same web page we send out to watch the stream LIVE, would be the same URL that would be for watching the VOD after the event. They support HLS/DASH encoding and streaming.

• Anonymous commented  · 

We would use this for town hall live feeds

• Andy BryantAndy Bryant commented  · 

I'd like to setup a live stream via Skype for Business, recording to O365 video, allied with Yammer comments, so that I can capture Q&A within the Yammer group during the event.

• MortenMorten commented  · 

It would be helpfull for us to have an aption to stream internal information meetings to authticated users only. This could be users within Our organisation or identified users. One possible scenario could be to embed the player on a SharePoint site.

A great scenario would be to embed the player on a OneNote page so that all staff could copy the OneNote page to their own OneNote and be able to take notes when watching the stream and later be able to watch the recording and have their own notes available.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Heres how live streaming for a classroom works for us. Zoom, blackmagic mini recorder, Panasonic AC8-PJ camera, thunderbolt to mac. instead of skype for business, we need a classroom site template with live streaming built in.

• Anonymous commented  · 

We need an option to do live streaming for a classroom. Something that can rival google classrooms, please i dont want to bring them all over to google for education, they might like it.

• Jared Pickerell - Troy USD 429Jared Pickerell - Troy USD 429 commented  · 

In an educational environment.

It would be nice to live stream events such as athletic games, through Office 365 Video instead of using a 3rd party streaming service as we currently have to do.

Another scenario would be live streaming a school announcements video instead of recording it ahead of time and uploading. A live stream is more flexible and require less time than prerecording and uploading to a channel.

• Ha GrossHa Gross commented  · 

If you need more info on the scenarios of live streaming, please reach out to me. The ability to stream live is very important to us. We have a high demand of webcast service and looking forward to have this capability with in O365 Video.

• Anonymous commented  · 

We looking for live broadcast solution based-on Microsoft Office 365 products and services. The online service reference is CoverItLive < http://www.coveritlive.com >

• Tony GageTony Gage commented  · 

We have multiple locations around the globe where company town halls and events are broadcast to various teams. The teams are able to ask questions and provide real time communications via Lync or our conference system. When the meetings are completed we are required to take a copy of the town hall and put into the video library so that others can view the communications. Ideally we would be able to just stream the video, see the Lync questions, and record the live event straight into the service. Our company has 3 divisions, 8500 users, and multiple departments which are required to host a global town hall quarterly. It represents about 65-70 videos a year. We also would like to have streaming events for HR during benefits training, technical training sessions for our field service teams, and pretty much any session where information would be relevant for review. Something SCORM compliant would also be really cool....

• Anonymous commented  · 

In a school you would want this to broadcast, assemblies, lunchtime concerts/presentations, school concerts, curriculum explanation evenings for parents the list goes on.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base