Give feedback...

Allow custom metadata fields

I had been following this service very closely since release at SharePoint Conference 2014. I was very disappointed to read (http://www.itunity.com/article/office-365-video-first-release-696) that the first release would not support custom metadata fields (all field types, including managed metadata). Our company was/is looking at o365 and this is one of the drivers. Unfortunately no custom metadata makes this a no-go for us.

922 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Brian shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

25 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

There should be an option to add a banner in the Video Channel instead of just having a solid block color underneath the Video Channel name

• Anonymous commented  · 

Desperately need a tagging system. We have just started using Video 365 and I am uploading years worth of videos vary across a range of business areas. 'Searching' words that are in the title seems to be the only way to 'tag' a video.

This would be an incredible helpful tool.

• Dagfinn Tangen Kolkin commented  · 

Still waiting for this function to be implementet - thisis very important for our administration of our video archive

• Matt commented  · 

Good lord, how can there not be custom metadata fields? My company migrated from Google apps two years ago and every single "purpose" seems to require quadruple the time to complete with a quarter of the features and functionality.

• Clifford Adams commented  · 

Exploring options for storing videos related to our business cases. Without a way to tag which case a video belongs to, this is useless.

• Luke Greening commented  · 

I agree with everyone here, having metadata allows us to refine and build a video results page solely on the content source for O365 Video. As a result we can refine and easily target Videos using Search Queries if we wanted. What would be nice to know is Microsoft plans, or if they even feel Metadata serves a purpose as they have other plans. I would like to know if they feel Delve will be the push on this along with O365 search as this sits outside the enterprise search of SPO as far as I can see.

• Anders Eide commented  · 

3 votes to this one! It's amazing that a service with connections to SharePoint don't have this available by default.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Having no (custom) metadata goes against the SharePoint design principals. How will the enterprise search be able to find content other than using comma separated values in the video description field?

• Uma Bhavani commented  · 

Hello, Is there any option for view counts/analytics reports for Office 365 Videos?

• Dave G commented  · 

This would greatly add value and functionality and help with searching though a lot of videos.

• Amanda Downing commented  · 

I agree with the significance of metadata, and potentially content types, for video. This is critical to our enterprise usage.

• Patrik Wallmoberg commented  · 

I can only agree to your comment, Brian. Without the metadata capabilities in place there is no "corporate" value of such a solution. It might work in smaller organisations but saldy not in ours.

• Adam G commented  · 

Indeed, we're being force-upgraded to SharePoint 2013 from 2010 where I have elaborate video libraries containing useful tags and metadata. I'll use the Video app just as a repository, but ultimately am planning on relying on libraries to house the videos due to the metadata capabilities.

Please add metadata capability to the Video app!

• Santosh commented  · 

Addition field such as checkbox for tagging video so that it can be used as featured video will prove more useful...

• Datta commented  · 

Yah, this upload form looks pretty basic, ideally when we use video solution for enterprises there will be need to tag more data like taxonomies, keywords. it would be nice to have option to customize this form. at least option to add more columns would be helpful.

• Lalit Kumar Mishra commented  · 

Yes, metadata is very important part of any video. We need that feature ASAP...

• Anonymous commented  · 

Same here as well! We need custom metadata!!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base