Give feedback...

Viewer analytics and reporting

When thinking about using Office 365 Video to deliver videos that are used for Continuing Legal Education (CLE) credit where consumption of material must be tracked it would be great to have analytics/reports that show:
- Who consumed the content
- When it was consumed
- How much of it was consumed
- That none of it was skipped or FF'd.

919 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Larry shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

24 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ryan commented  · 

What's the timeline/eta on rolling out these features or similar? I checked the O365 roadmap and don't see any mention of O365 video (https://products.office.com/en-us/business/office-365-roadmap). Would like to utilize O365 Videos, but also need access to more in-depth analytics (ie. rolling out training videos, etc).

Data Requested: What User's Watched The Content, When It Was Watched, How Much of It Was Watched.
        Additional Request, but Not Necessary: Implementation of Quiz Features Built-In Post-Video.

• Anonymous commented  · 

We can use Office 365 for training, but currently there is no way to validate that the required users have viewed the training video. The ability to run a report showing who viewed it would be great.

• Trevor commented  · 

We love Stream as a way to distribute training videos internally, but being able to run a report to validate which users actually watched the video would really helpful for compliance monitoring!

• Niraj Desai commented  · 

Any recommendations on third party tool that can augment reporting capabilities?

• Anonymous commented  · 

We are using Office 365 for training, but currently have no way to validate that the required persons have viewed the training material. Having the ability to run a report showing who viewed it from start to finish would be fantastic.

• Ha Gross commented  · 

It would be good to give the administrator visibility total videos uploaded to a channel, who uploaded date, time, etc.

• Nicole commented  · 

We also need to know "Who" viewed each video, for employee training purposes. How long they viewed it for would be helpful as well. I hope this forum is used to vote that feature up!

• Keith commented  · 

The ability to view what users have watched specific videos and the ability to quiz/poll the users after watching the video would make this a great onboarding tool. It would also allow us to do CE like others have mentioned.

• Hermine Turner commented  · 

Right now i create a separate email account in O365 so that more than one instructor could upload videos to the Office Mix Portal. When we create a channel for each class all we see is a count (including when instructional staff reviews the video). This provides no information for us. It would be so much more practical if the Office Mix upload could go to Office 365 Video and still provide the same analytic data as well as a way to export the analytic data for Power BI. We need to see the who (not just counts), how far they got, quiz/poll results, etc.
        Even allowing for an Office Mix link with a video tile to be embedded in Office 365 Video without the need to log in would be an improvement.
        I recommend that you have 2 streams, one for business and one for education because the needs may be dramatically different.

• Anonymous commented  · 

its cool that you shipped counts for visitors and views and drop offs. but I think most would have viewed this for a Video project as a minimal viable product (and when I say minimal I mean minimal like what an alpha something beyond a school project). For any internal usage video site, people are going to want to know who consumed. I can't imagine the March post above is referring to the work on the road map as "deep analytics" slated for Jan-March. Its not even "Analytics" most are looking for, its basic report of who viewed, when, amount viewed (and this woudl be a bonus if FF'd).

• scott commented  · 

It appears to be live. As admins we now need the ability to hide/reveal this data where appropriate.
        Thanks!

• Lea Sloan commented  · 

Is there an update about analytics in Video? Thanks!

• Lea Sloan commented  · 

As a school district client, video analytics would help teachers ascertain who consumed the content, when it was consumed, how much of it was consumed, and that none of it was skipped or FF'd. It would also be great to be able to add quizzes/reflective questions.

• Anonymous commented  · 

The tool could be supplemented with utilities that enable it to assess the audience of the video, as well as locations from which it is being accessed .

A ferramenta poderia ser complementada com utilitários que lhe permitam avaliar a audiência do vídeo, bem como dos locais dos quais ele está sendo acessado.

• Chris commented  · 

Any update?

• David Beaudette commented  · 

Data turned into info is a very powerful tool and helps manage collections.

• Barden44 commented  · 

We have com across the same requirement to provide the business with insight as to the consumption by the user base of training video's. Ideally hooking in Power BI would be perfect. Any news on the progress with the above request?

• Jamie Thomson commented  · 

How about just exposing the raw stats so that we can build our own reports in Power BI? Microsoft already have a free(mium) reporting offering in Power BI, no sense in reinventing the wheel.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base