Give feedback...

Automatically publish recorded Lync sessions

Lync can record content and save it to a local video file. I would be great if that workflow was streamlined to easily push that video into Office 365 video. It would be even better if the meeting invite included a link that points to the eventual URL of that video so if I miss a meeting, I know where to go watch it.

313 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Andrej KyselicaAndrej Kyselica shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • JoeJoe commented  · 

Our company would use this to record all-hands meetings and then post the video for others to view on their own time.

• Andy BryantAndy Bryant commented  · 

and even better if I can embed the live stream into a Yammer group, so that we can host discussions about the stream in the Yammer group during and after the live event.

• Joe GasperJoe Gasper commented  · 

Yes, please. Lync recordings and Skype Meeting Broadcast recordings should be able to automatically land in a Channel.

• Matt VarneyMatt Varney commented  · 

I thought this was on the road map? This feature would help the collaboration stack to work more seamlessly, which should be the goal, right? If licensed Skype For Business clients were smart enough to know/detect that the business was an O365 Video customer, the integration could be astoundingly pleasant for the customer.

• Guy ShearerGuy Shearer commented  · 

We use Google Hangouts and Hangouts on Air right now precisely because we can then push the content online easily - this feature would make Lync (Skype for Business) more attractive to us. At present I'd be left in the situation where I had to download my YouTube video and upload it to 365 (not exactly a huge problem but it does seem a bit of a waste of time!)

Feedback and Knowledge Base