Give feedback...

Subchannels or Subfolders to Better Organize Video Collections

We noticed that the videos can be organized by channel. We believe that as more videos are added, they will need to be organized better. Rather than adding additional channels, being able to create folders within a channel would be nice. If channels are designed to separate teams or projects, subchannels (folders) would be great.

Thanks.

1,746 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anon4343 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

55 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to create sub folders within channels with the ability to get them to have separate permissions would be awesome!!!!

• Michele commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We recently created a channel that houses a monthly Hot Topic video. We found out right away that there didn't seem to be a rhyme or reason as to how the video order appeared. We also realized there wasn't a way to organize or sort them other than the video feature. Having the capability to organize order or to have categories for videos to appear in would be a great and needed feature.

• Cheryl Lach commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We vote that subchannels, subfolders and or categories be added/provided within the video portal. We'd also like to see a way to create views or order the videos a certain way. Alpahbetical isn't even an option! Makes the videos harder to manage.

• David Weston commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely endorse the suggestions for sub-channels/folders for organising channel content. Also the need to be able to tag content.

• Cody Hargrave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We in education would like the capability to create sub-channels in O365 Video. This would be a great idea for the education environment as channels could be created for different campuses an sub-channels created for subjects. I know Microsoft is having a major push to further extend into the education world and compete with Google. Thank you.

• Donald Dutton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sub-channels would be a huge benefit for the organization I work for. We are currently in the process of moving SP 2010 to SP 2013. Our "TV" page, where all employee outreach videos are playable, is organized into "categories" via the left nav. With the 365 Video app, the UI looks good but the organization of the video needs improvement. I look forward to being able to champion the Video app in the future.

• Ha Gross commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are transitioning 300 plus channels from an internally developed solution to O365 Video. Not having sub channel(s) capability is problematic with the transition. It is our goal to consolidate the channel footprint to a much smaller list. However, not having sub channels structure does not allow us to effectively organize the content by BUs & Functions. I am all for this feature and look forward to see this feature being implemented.

• Craig Fletcher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be SO MUCH BETTER if we could have a top level category channel, and then within that top level category, subcatetgories. Your customers can therefore organize their videos in a much more logical way, making them easier to find and manage. It seems like this could be a fairly easy change to make? PLEASE DO IT!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to have more control of my videos. If I could group them in folders or have a way to send them to other channels once they are uploaded that would be great as well. Is there a way to change the Thumbnail Frame or is that auto generated during the upload.

thanks,

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Are there plans to enable tagging of videos and also sub-folders within channels?
    This would really help as more of our employees use the service to upload their videos.

• Daryoush Mansouri commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Videos feature of O365 is great and we would like to use it extensively at our enterprise, however it's missing some key features. For example, it seems impossible to organize content within a channel. All videos are dumped haphazardly together. There's no way to tag or structure related content into folders, for example. There is no way to sort by any editorial means. Curating content is not possible beyond the Spotlight feature.

Feedback and Knowledge Base