Give feedback...

Learning Management System Integration

If this is going to be used for Educational institutions, linking with learning management system providers is a must. This way these tools can manage access and security that is in line with institutional policy such as course licensing, copyright and student privacy within the course framework.

378 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

For moodle (but could apply to any VLE), here are some requirements for the integration:

Each student and teacher should have a place in the VLE to manage and publish their media (video and audio) from. They should only be able to see content that they have uploaded or been given explicit rights to access.
        On uploading a media item, they should be prompted to confirm they own or have rights to use all the content in the media file.
        A course gallery for each course should be available.
        Students should be able to upload media for assessment and their submissions should be viewable by the teacher via the gradebook in the VLE.
        Students and teachers should be able to embed media int he VLE from the editor (TinyMCE or Atto).
        Students and teachers should be able to create clips, comment, like, add captions and create their own playlists.

• MortenMorten commented  · 

Integration with LTI would be helpful

• Stead HalsteadStead Halstead commented  · 

Fully agreed. In the case of using the video portal for a class, I'd want a way to set the permissions so that the videos were only accessible via the LMS integration or a link to the video portal channel. That way other organization users couldn't watch videos for classes they weren't in.

Similar to YouTube's "Unlisted" privacy setting, either at the video or channel level.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Still using Blackboard LMS, but this is a must for us.

• Anonymous commented  · 

WE as many otrher educational insituions use Moodle, alowing integration here the teacher creates a video, saves it to O365 video and then they publish it to their Moodle course,holy crap yes!, who needs Google!

If this could be linked up with Microsoft Classroom Dashboard https://cd.microsoft.com/ maybe even better?

• Anonymous commented  · 

This definitely fills the massive gap in the market!

• Matt VarneyMatt Varney commented  · 

For this, you will HAVE TO (by law) have the captioning and transcription solution in place and working. I think the technology is there. We as customers need to have Microsoft do the right thing and get the captioning and transcription pieces fully integrated and automated. The integration with an LMS is a MUCH easier sell (a no brainer) after that.

• Colin ForrestColin Forrest commented  · 

I agree. More information on your plans for LMS (Learn, Moodle etc...) integration would be very welcome.

• Anonymous commented  · 

This will be a brilliant add on,we'll be using O Video to replace our vimeo service but an LMS add on will fill a massive gap in the market.

Feedback and Knowledge Base