Give feedback...

Download video

Possibility to download a video in different qualities for offline use, something like channel9.msdn.com

387 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Morten NielsenMorten Nielsen shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

We’ve finished the feature to allow you downloading the original videos uploaded to Office 365 Video. The channel owner can set which permission group (channel owners, channel editors, or channel viewers) can download the videos inside his/her channel. The download button will show up for the groups specified by channel owner, on the video player page.

This feature has rolled out to “First Release” tenants, and soon to all production.

Thanks for your patience. We’d love to hear what you think of it.

28 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • cheesdowncheesdown commented  · 

Have you tried allavsoft ? It is good to to download Channel 9 video to MP4, AVI, FLV, WMV, MOV, MKV, MP3, AAC, FLAC, M4A, WAV, etc

• Anonymous commented  · 

When will the download feature be available to set per video and not just by channel?

• Anonymous commented  · 

It's a month since you released it for "First Release" tenants...can the rest of us have the option please?

• Anonymous commented  · 

频道里的视频能否保存到onedrive里,或者提供下载

• Anonymous commented  · 

Any news on this? This is critical for my use case.

• Zaeem SiddiquiZaeem Siddiqui commented  · 

This would be an extremely useful feature for my organization as we want to start using the Video Portal to store video's for material that users can take offline to share when they do not have internet access.

• ClaudioClaudio commented  · 

Since it's not possible to "move" videos between channels easily the only way to do that is to download upload the video. right now users wants to move videos that have been uploaded to the "wrong" channel.

• Matthew ZavadaMatthew Zavada commented  · 

Very helpful for those that live in lands with poor and expensive internet connections.

• Sarah DeerySarah Deery commented  · 

We could do with a download option as it is being used as a way to distribute videos to student who would in turn want to download edit and the reupload

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

This would be a nice feature to have, at least for admins, but the flexibility to NOT enable downloads by Viewers is an absolute requirement for our company.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Country school using this with high speed link on campus, but users on expensive 3G mobile connections at home. Need to be able to download to watch offline.

• DonDon commented  · 

Setting the ability to download per channel or at the video level is a great feature

• Simon ThunderSimon Thunder commented  · 

We want to use this as our complete video hub/archive but need the ability to give certain users/channels ability to dowload videos for offiline use. Whether it be for offline presentations or creating duplicates and editing.

• ly tieu longly tieu long commented  · 

I want to download a video from the Office 365 portal video. I am using the windows azure active directory native application.
        Currently I do not see the dowload file api support to client

• Humberto HernandezHumberto Hernandez commented  · 

Download video is a need as upload video,
        I strongly vote for moving forward on this wanted feature

• Joe GasperJoe Gasper commented  · 

This would be a great feature, enabling Office 365 Video to support disconnected users. This feature would enable Video's use for a complete learning management system. With the coming SIS sync and Classroom Dashboard, offline video could be the feature to flip EDUs from Canvas and other LMS. This would also allow Video to perform duties as a useful (i.e., easy to view) video archive/library, with the option to download the original as needed for additional production work.

• Jeremy BurrowsJeremy Burrows commented  · 

Downloading a video is a must for us - we are archiving all our video to office 365 video and would like the ability to download this in the future.

• AliAli commented  · 

We should have the ability do control this feature and enable/disable it for each channel.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base