Give feedback...

Allow External Sharing

Please allow external sharing as with other site collections - what else are we going to do with all the training material we have prepared for our users..

3,503 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Peter Lunding Smith shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

198 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could you update if this is still planned or has been canned. Customers are keen to get this functionality but it would be much better to tell them its not coming at all rather than its a maybe.

• Scott Ellis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Admin team, what is the status of this request. We have been waiting on it as a key requirement for now 4 years. This ties specifically to sharing abilities in Office 365 Groups and Teams. The key limitation for my organization is that we invite Externals into Teams meetings, record the session. Then want to provide the recording, and any documents we shared back to the person for 30 days access. We can do the documents, but not the recording, would be fine if we could just download the video, and upload it to OneDrive to be shared from there.

• AK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nothing?? You started in 2016. Is there still no way to do inter-tenant sharing with Stream?

• James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

TEAMS is unable to share a recorded call with external clients??... Not so great

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is extremely frustrating not having this simple functionality - considering its been in the making for over 3 years.

• Lee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any updates yet?
    I'm suppose YouTube / Vimeo instead for now?

• Patrick Anderson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would prefer to use Microsoft Stream for my videos, but I am forced to use YouTube and Vimeo to post training videos. We will be playing videos from SharePoint, but document libraries are not optimized for streaming media.

• Jesse Klug commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This seems absurd to have been started for 2 years with no progress. An online collaborative environment should be able to share content. Not having this is forcing fragmentation in our environment for no good reason.

• Frustrated from the Sidelines commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I find it hard to believe external sharing is actually a technical challenge...it's in my gosh darn Sharepoint settings, copy the code from there. I would love to use Microsoft platforms for my videos, but I am forced to run to YouTube and Vimeo to post training videos. How can I have a video showing how to log on to Microsoft services if the users have to log in first to access the video?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10

Feedback and Knowledge Base