Give feedback...

Allow External Sharing

Please allow external sharing as with other site collections - what else are we going to do with all the training material we have prepared for our users..

3,335 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Peter Lunding Smith shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

184 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Patrick Anderson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would prefer to use Microsoft Stream for my videos, but I am forced to use YouTube and Vimeo to post training videos. We will be playing videos from SharePoint, but document libraries are not optimized for streaming media.

• Jesse Klug commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This seems absurd to have been started for 2 years with no progress. An online collaborative environment should be able to share content. Not having this is forcing fragmentation in our environment for no good reason.

• Frustrated from the Sidelines commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I find it hard to believe external sharing is actually a technical challenge...it's in my gosh darn Sharepoint settings, copy the code from there. I would love to use Microsoft platforms for my videos, but I am forced to run to YouTube and Vimeo to post training videos. How can I have a video showing how to log on to Microsoft services if the users have to log in first to access the video?

• Rafael Diaz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same issue to our services, this need to be done soon... Please take notice of the clients needs...

• Patxi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, that is a must for both Video and Stream. I will love to see it implemented soon.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see this feature as well, with the ability to expire the link similar to YouTube

• Johan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any updates on this? Are you also enabling sharing with anonymous users ?

This definitely needs to be added. Please add this feature, as many of our users are interested in sharing their recording and videos with external users.

Please add this feature, as many of our users are interested in sharing their recording and videos with external users.

• Tristen Robinson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why this isn't already a feature is beyond me, I've added an external domain to the allowed list and it still doesn't work..
        Admin post on this was literally 2 years ago..
        We've had 365 Video, replaced by Stream, and yet we are still having to use Youtube...

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10

Feedback and Knowledge Base