Give feedback...

Ability to move videos between channels

Here is a scenario we have faced:

After we upload a series video to a channel, we realized that the channel is redundant. We want to move all or some of the videos and all of their metadata and their yammer conversations to a different channel.

Is there an easy way to move videos between channels?

751 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Brian shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

36 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jesse Lawrence commented  · 

Video is eventually turn into Microsoft Stream, which is in preview. All of these features - changing channels and multiple channels are all part of Stream, and it works very well.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I gave this feature maximum votes. This seems like a no-brainer for an application developed by Microsoft. Why shouldn't we be able to change the channel for an individual video? Why wasn't this planned in version 0? Why am I speaking in rhetorical questions?

• Anonymous commented  · 

It would be really nice if we could tag videos for multiple channels instead of having to download and then re-upload them. any time we update a video, it becomes an irritating task of finding where all the same videos are located.

• Ben commented  · 

Is this being looked into?

• Matt H commented  · 

Hi there, any idea when this will be available? We feel it would be a very useful feature as well!

• Nigel Gibbons commented  · 

Nice functionality but too basic to be really useful. Cannot event fix the order Videos appear, it seems random! Publish date is another no brainer to save users scrolling through pages to find new content, users are put off the resource.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Seems easy enough on the surface to make this happen. Not sure what in 2017 this is not done yet.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Instead of move video to another channels, can we "tag" one video to multiple channels but not make multiple copies of the video (save storage)?

• xiangshuii commented  · 

You may also try allavsoft which can download Videos from sharepoint-videos.com on Mac/Windows.

• Eric Knuif commented  · 

We are also looking for this feature to move video's between channels.

• Anonymous commented  · 

This would be a valuable feature for us.

• Sam Shogren commented  · 

I have to agree - I am building a new Office 365 Video Channel out for a client and need to move video between channels and perhaps duplicate the content. Please add this feature.

• Chad commented  · 

I agree. Has this feature of being able to move videos around to channels been added in yet? Does not look like it to me.

• Ella S. commented  · 

Yes, we need to move video between channels, because we restructure the channels.

• AEC commented  · 

Please, please allow us to move videos from one channel to another. Organization changes all the time, just like with the rest of your products. It's very limiting and time consuming to have to re-upload.

• Laurie Petrick commented  · 

My CEO is requesting that videos be displayed in a particular order. Because the videos are already uploaded and priorities are always shifting -in regard to communications, it would be nice to have an easy way to move the display of videos within a channel. I am currently using 'Spotlight' to push videos in a particular order, but this is limited.

Is this available and I'm not aware? Will it be available? Does Microsoft respond to these discussion threads?

Thanks,
        Laurie

• Anonymous commented  · 

I started to upload videos then over time I have had to start creating more channels. Currently I'm downloading previous videos then re uploading them to new channels. A lot of work and a lot of time.

Will a move video function happen?

• Helge commented  · 

would help a lot, specially when starting use of office video and creating different channels

• TonyaJean commented  · 

Some videos belong in multiple channels. It's pointless to have multiple copies of the videos, though, with different stats on each.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base