Give feedback...

Ability to sort and filter videos within a channel

A simple SORT ascending / descending function would help to deliver training videos in logical order, we call this a “learning path”. Off course the title has the video number in it like: "0080 Create Formulas in a Worksheet" "0081 The Sum Function." The ultimate solution would be to have a field that says "sort" or “rank in number order” then add a button "Play the next video in order".

346 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jörn Oelze shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

42 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ali commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very important feature, if I want to upload a series of training videos, I name the videos:
        01. Intro
        02. Lesson 1
        03. Lesson 2
        04. ...
        This will simplify watching the series for the employee, especially in long series, instead of browsing to find the next video.
        And I think this is a very simple feature to add.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you for the video channels. They are great. Would it be possible to create a way to sort the videos in a channel? That would make them much easier to find. Sort by name would be most helpful.

The ability to sort/filter and present videos in a particular order would be a great enhancement!

• Etienne Brisson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sorting and filtering is a must. Notification to channel subscribed users when a new video get uploaded is another must.

• Marlee Wasser commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Flabbergasted that it's not possible for users to change the order of how videos appear in a channel after they upload them, create playlists, etc. -- this is pretty basic stuff.

• Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm a new user to O365 video and I can't believe the videos don't at least sort by name - this and the inability to share with external users makes this site nearly useless - unbelievable ...

You should be able to drag and drop videos and also be able to organize their order and their names after upload - not just putting them in random order.

• darin.lerbs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

would like to be able to sort my videos. first attempt using the tool was to load 6 videos that should be watched in sequence. I numbered them, but they dropped on the page in the reverse order desired.

• jwilson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

3 suggestions:
        - ability to rename the videos
        - ability to change the order in which videos appear
        - ability to add some descriptive text to the video

• Ashley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Videos arrange only in order of upload. Would like to be able to arrange these by date, title, etc. rather than in what order I upload them.

Feedback and Knowledge Base