Give feedback...

Speed controls available in playback

Provide the ability to playback videos at 1.5x and 2x original speed.

This functionality has allowed me to consume videos via other sharing services in a far more efficient manner (approximately 150% to 200% :) )

203 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Luke Drumm shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Seth Grandeau commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would definitely make Office 365 Video better. I use speed controls on YouTube, Audible, podcasts. Even the free audiobook player from my library offers it.

• Marcus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 Must have

seriously lacking feature - open source has it, paid subscription service doesn't - go figure

• Magali Huchet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm out of votes but this "Speed control" would be very useful for us. We have a lot of videos which are more 1 hour in length and we want to quickly go over.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can we have control where i can speed play back by 1.25x,1.5x and 2x like in You Tube...
        I use it quite often to go through the video.

• Phil Zito commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Completely need this, I am in a class right now for my Masters and for some reason my professor had to be different then every other professor and put his videos in Office 365. In the past I could download other professors videos and play them at 1.5 speed. With this I am now subjected to 2 hours per class of this guy who talksssss innn realllly long drawn out words..... Please give me speed control! I'm dying here....

• Mark Wilson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Whilst watching a video today, I kept having to jump back a few seconds to catch a point I hadn't quite understood. It's really hard to do this accurately with the slider and would be great if you could go back or forwards 15 seconds with a button (kind of like in the podcasts app in iOS, if I dare mention that on this forum!)

Feedback and Knowledge Base